The Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2008 Management Pack monitors exposed services of TFS. This management pack includes event rules and monitors. It is designed to proactively monitor quality and availability of TFS services and even automate recovery in some scenarios.
- Auto discovery of TFS components
- Leverages ASP.NET MP and SQL MP
- Implements containment hierarchy reflecting logical architecture of the Product
- Implements a proper health model using Monitors
- Contains tasks, diagnostic and recovery for certain failures
- Events indicating service outages
- Alerts indicating configuration issues and connected data source changes
- Verification that all dependant services are running
- Targeted running of BPA against TFS Servers from Operator Console
- New monitoring capabilities can be easily added.
For more information and to download the Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Foundation Server Management Pack for System Center Operations Management 2007 – English – Version 126.96.36.199, please visit [http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=28c745b5-28cc-474a-a5fd-944c246d7727&DisplayLang=en]
Posted by: Eric Lam
Category: Microsoft Technologies