The Visual Studio International Pack contains a set of class libraries designed for .NET developers to create world-ready applications. The Visual Studio International Pack 1.0 release provides the following seven components to enhance the globalization features provided by .NET Framework.
- East Asia Numeric Formatting Library – Format numeric data into Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese and Korean capital style string.
- Japanese Kana Conversion Library – Convert one Kana character set to another character representation in Japanese.
- Japanese Text Alignment Library – Enable applications to render strings in Japanese-specific alignment style.
- Japanese Yomi Auto-Completion Library – Provide class library and TextBox control sample that support Japanese IME-aware auto-complete.
- Korean Auto Complete TextBox Control – Provide TextBox control that supports auto-complete and the Intellisense feature with Korean input.
- Simplified Chinese Pin-Yin Conversion Library – Retrieve Simplified Chinese characters’ properties such as polyphone, homophone, Pinyin or number of strokes.
- Traditional Chinese to Simplified Chinese Conversion Library and Add-In Tool – Convert text in Traditional Chinese into Simplified Chinese or vice versa. This component also includes an add-in tool to the in VS IDE that can convert between Simplified and Traditional Chinese resource files.
The SR1 release fixes bugs in the Japanese Kana Conversion Library and the Japanese Yomi Auto-Completion Library. Other libraries are unchanged.
For more information and to download the Microsoft Visual Studio International Pack 1.0 SR1, please visit [http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=44cac7f0-633b-477d-aed2-99aee642fc10]
Posted by: Eric Lam
Category: Microsoft Technologies