MAPI for Outlook 2010 provides a set of interfaces, functions, and other data types to facilitate the development of Outlook 2010 messaging applications. Applications and transports use MAPI to manipulate e-mail data, to create e-mail messages and the folders to store them in, and to support notifications of changes to existing MAPI-related data.
The Outlook 2010 MAPI Reference contains documentation for the following MAPI updates:
- Support for 64-bit Outlook.
- Fast shutdown support for MAPI clients.
- A stream structure for field definitions for an Outlook item.
- An additional 38 tagged properties and named properties.
- The option to link explicitly to MAPI functions.
For more information and to download the Outlook 2010: MAPI Reference, please visit [http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5f61a276-9c09-4c82-9b80-20dccad17a2a]
Posted by: Eric Lam
Category: Microsoft Technologies