Key features in this CTP release include:
- A new Control Point Explorer for central multi-instance and application utilization management.
- Built-in wizards to help you quickly set up and enroll instances and Data-Tier Application components into central management.
- Dashboard viewpoints for quick insight into application and instance utilization.
- Report Builder 3.0
- PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel
- Master Data Services
- StreamInsight core technology engine.
To read what is new in SQL Server® 2008 R2 November Community Technology Preview click here.
1 ) Some components in the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 November Community Technology Preview have certain Internet-enabled features, including the Customer Experience Improvement Program and Error and Usage Reporting component, enabled by default to help us identify and address issues that you may encounter while using SQL Server®. For more information and instructions on how to disable these features, see the SQL Server® Privacy Statement.
2 ) Some components in the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 November Community Technology Preview have two different methods to complete the installation process:
- Attended Installation – an interactive user interface will guide you through the set-up process and obtain all of the information and consent required to complete the installation. This includes the displaying, acknowledgement, and archiving of the applicable SQL Server license terms.
- Un-attend Installation – this is a DOS command Line set-up process that does not have an interactive user interface to guide you through the set-up process. In this case, you will be required to enter a parameter during installation that indicates your acceptance of the license terms.
Here is the copy of the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 November CTP license terms for your review.