Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio extend Visual Studio 2008 and the upcoming Visual Studio 2010 RC to enable the creation, configuration, building, debugging, running and packaging of scalable web applications and services on Windows Azure. (To use the Windows Azure Tools with VS 2010 Beta 2, please use the November 2009 release.
New for version 1.1:
- Windows Azure Drive: Enable a Windows Azure application to use existing NTFS APIs to access a durable drive. This allows the Windows Azure application to mount a page blob as a drive letter, such as X:, and enables easy migration of existing NTFS applications to the cloud.
- OS Version Support: Allows a Windows Azure application to choose the appropriate Guest OS to run on in the cloud.
- Bug Fixes
- StorageClient: Expose account key from storage credentials, expose continuation tokens for pagination, and reduce maximum buffer size for parallel uploads.
- Windows Azure Diagnostics: Fix path corruption for crash dumps, OnDemandTransfer now respects LogLevelFilter.
- VS 2010: Improved packaging performance.
- VS 2010: Support for linked files in Web projects.
- VS 2010: Support for ASP.NET web project web.config transformations.
- Certificate selection lists certificates from LocalMachineMy instead of CurrentUserMy.
- Right click on Role under Roles folder to select whether to launch the browser against HTTP, HTTPS or not at all.
Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio includes:
- C# and VB Project creation support for creating a Windows Azure Cloud Service solution with multiple roles.
- Tools to add and remove roles from the Cloud Service.
- Tools to configure each Role.
- Integrated local development via the Development Fabric and Development Storage services.
- Running and Debugging a Cloud Service in the Development Fabric.
- Building and packaging of Cloud Service Packages.
- Browsing to the Windows Azure Developer Portal.
For more information and to download the Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 1.1 (February 2010) – Version 1.1.30131.1501, please visit [http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5664019e-6860-4c33-9843-4eb40b297ab6]