- Definition of the technical decision flow through the planning process.
- Listing of decisions to be made and the commonly available options and considerations.
- Relating the decisions and options to the business in terms of cost, complexity, and other characteristics.
- Framing decisions in terms of additional questions to the business to ensure a comprehensive alignment with the appropriate business landscape.
These guides complement product documentation by focusing on infrastructure design options.
Each guide leads the reader through critical infrastructure design decisions, in the appropriate order, evaluating the available options for each decision against its impact on critical characteristics of the infrastructure. The IPD Series highlights when service and infrastructure goals should be validated with the organization and provides additional questions that should be asked of service stakeholders and decision makers.
IPD consists of the following downloadable packages:
- Updated! Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.6
- Updated! IPD Series Introduction – guide version 2.1
- Forefront Unified Access Gateway
- Selecting the Right Virtualization Technology – guide version 2.0
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services – in Windows Server 2008 R2 Terminal Services becomes Remote Desktop Services
- DirectAccess – guide version 1.2
- System Center Operations Manager 2007 – guide version 2.0 updated for System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2
- Windows Deployment Services – guide version 2.0 updated for Windows Server 2008 R2
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 – guide version 2.0 updated for SCVMM 2008 R2
- Windows Server Virtualization (for Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V and Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1) – guide version 2.0 updated for Windows Server 2008 R2
- Active Directory Domain Services – guide version 2.0 updated for Windows Server 2008 R2
- File Services – guide version 2.0 includes Windows Server 2008 R2
- Internet Information Services – guide version 2.0 includes IIS 7.5
- Print Services – guide version 2.0 includes Windows Server 2008 R2
- Exchange Online—Evaluating Software-plus-Services – guide version 1.3
- Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V)
- Selecting the Right NAP Architecture
- SharePoint Online—Evaluating Software-plus-Services
- SQL Server 2008
- System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 with R2
- System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 with SP1
- Terminal Services
- Windows Optimized Desktop Scenarios – guide version 1.1
The guides are available as individual downloads or as a single all-in-one package.
For more information about Infrastructure Planning and Design, read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Send questions or feedback to us directly at email@example.com