• Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition – A platform that helps IT Professionals increase the flexibility and reliability of their server infrastructure.
• Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit (MAP) – A tool to assess your hardware readiness for Windows 7 and Office 2010.
• Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) – A tool to assess your software readiness for Windows 7 and Office 2010.
• Microsoft Office Migration and Planning Manager (OMPM) – A tool to assess and upgrade Office versions and files.
• Microsoft Deployment Toolkit – A tool to create, configure, and deploy custom images, applications, and components.
• Windows 7 Enterprise 90-day Trial image – This evaluation edition forms the base image for deployment on client computers.
• Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 – This system is the best productivity experience across the PC, Phone, and Web.
• Office 2010 with Application Virtualization – This system is deployed virtually to streamline and centralize operations.
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition – This database system is used to store application compatibility and Microsoft Office assessment data for the ACT and OMPM tools.
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express Edition – This database system is used to store image and task sequence data for MDT Deployment Workbench.
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Evaluation Edition – This database system is used to store hardware assessment data for the MAP tool.
The PoC Jumpstart is intended to show you that an upgrade to new Microsoft Optimize Desktop technologies can be seamless, feasible, easy and cost-effective. The PoC Jumpstart will also shed light on the deployment process (tools and technologies) and give your organization confidence for undertaking a broader deployment motion. After completion of the PoC, you should have a test environment setup that will allow you to evaluate the various features of the Microsoft Optimized Desktop and help you make informed decisions to meet your business needs.