SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 includes a host of new features including the following:
- Support for the Transact-SQL Editor in Visual Studio 2010 that can be used to run free-text T-SQL queries and to view query show-plans for optimizing queries.
- Exposes the Change Tracking feature as an application programming interface (API), namely, System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeChangeTracking. The new Change Tracking API provides the ability to configure, enable, and disable change tracking on a table, and to access the change tracking data for the table.
- New assembly versioning support and directory structure that enables the SQL Server Compact applications that use private deployment to load SQL Server Compact assemblies from within the application folder if they are of a higher version than that in the global assembly cache (GAC).
- Support added for deploying the 64-bit version of SQL Server Compact using the ClickOnce deployment.
- Synchronization Services for ADO.NET v1.0 providing the ability to synchronize data from disparate sources over two-tier, N-tier, and service-based architectures.
Your feedback is important to us.
- If you have questions about SQL Server Compact, visit the SQL Server Compact MSDN Forum.
- Help improve SQL Server Compact by submitting and tracking bugs using Microsoft Connect website. Be sure to select SQL Server Compact as the version and provide detailed repro steps to help us identify the problem.
- Contact Microsoft Professional Support. For deeper support needs, purchase a Professional Support package and have experts available to help out in case of any issues.
- Find out what support options are available if you are located outside the United States or Canada at Worldwide Support Options.
- Search the Knowledge Base Articles. Get the answers you need about SQL Server Compact from the Microsoft Knowledge Base. This is the same database of technical articles used by Microsoft Support Professionals.
- To participate in the future SQL Server Compact Technology Adoption Program (TAP) send us an email.
For more information and to download the Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 2 for Windows Desktop – Version 3.5.8080.0, please visit [http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=e497988a-c93a-404c-b161-3a0b323dce24]