The Windows Live ID Client 1.0 SDK provides a managed API for Windows Live sign-in. Included in the release is a sample application together with its source code so that you can build your own client applications.
Use of the SDK is governed by the Windows Live SDK License Agreement at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb226715.aspx.
• No need to worry about the technical details of authentication! The Windows Live ID authentication service manages this process for you.
• Don’t bother worrying about how to store and retrieve user account information! The Windows Live ID service uses the same functionality as Messenger to cache the user name and/or password for use in later user sign-ins.
• By enabling Windows Live accounts to directly sign in to your site, any of the hundreds of millions of users who have a Windows Live ID can become a user of your site.
The SDK is a work in progress, so we appreciate your feedback!
• To provide general product feedback or obtain support, visit the Discussion Forum.
• To provide feedback on the SDK documentation, use the Click to Rate and Give Feedback feature located in the top right of each topic in the SDK documentation.