The pj14sdk.exe download includes two help files: pj14SDK.chm (conceptual topics and managed code reference), and pj14_ReportingDB.chm (the Reporting database schema reference). Additional references for reporting include the OLAP cube schema reference (OLAPCubeSchemas2010.xlsx) and a pivot table to help select fields in the Reporting database (RDB_Field_Selector.xlsx). The WINPROJ.DEV.hxs file is an update for VBA Help in Project Professional and Project Standard, along with instructions for installation. The SDK download also includes the default Project Guide files, the XML schema for Project 2010, and the XML schema for the ChangeXML parameter for Statusing methods in the Project Server Interface (PSI).
To help in developing with the PSI, the SDK download includes source files, scripts, and instructions to compile and update a proxy assembly for both the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) interface and the ASMX (web services) interface of the PSI. In addition, updated XML files for Microsoft Intellisense include descriptions for many of the PSI types and members.
Code samples in the SDK download include the following Microsoft Visual Studio solutions that relate to topics in the SDK:
- CustomizeProjectCenter modifies the ribbon for the Project Center page in Project Web App and shows how to access data and events in the JS Grid.
- WCFImpersonationTest_VS9 shows how to use impersonation with the WCF interface of the PSI.
- CreateProject4Department and CustomFieldsTest show how to use the QueueCreateProject, ReadCustomFields2, and ReadLookupTables methods in the PSI.
- ASMXLogon_MultiAuth and WCFLogon_MultiAuth use multi-authentication to log on an ASMX-based and a WCF-based application.
- ProjectGuideAddIn uses the Microsoft Office developer tools in Visual Studio 2010 to create an add-in that displays the Project Guide.
- RibbonAddIn includes both Microsoft Visual C# solutions and Visual Basic solutions that add a custom tab and command to the Project 2010 ribbon.
- WCFHelloProject includes solutions that configure the WCF settings programmatically and by using an app.config file.
- ListProjects and ListProject_Sorting show how to use the ListProjects PSI extension in a Project Server Web Part that uses the JS Grid control.
- BranchingWorkflow creates a simple Project Server workflow.
- SampleProposal2 duplicates the Sample Proposal workflow that is installed with Project Server 2010.
- CustomActivityWorkflow shows how to create a custom workflow activity and how to use the custom activity in a Project Server workflow.
You can also view the Project 2010 SDK online in the MSDN Library.